- Publication Date: 14 Mar. 2017
- Publisher: New World Library; 2 Reprint edition
- Author(s): Joseph Campbell
- Title: The Mythic Dimension: Selected Essays 1959-1987 (Collected Works of Joseph Campbell)
The Collected Works of Joseph Campbell presents twelve eclectic, far-ranging, and brilliant essays gathered together for the first time.
- Review Credit: Review copy kindly supplied by New World Library, Novato, CA, USA
In 1927, as a twenty-three-year-old postgraduate scholar in Paris, Joseph Campbell first encountered James Joyce’s 'Ulysses'. The novel left Campbell both intrigued and confused, as it had many others.
The first collection of Joseph Campbell’s writings and lectures on the Arthurian romances of the Middle Ages, a central focus of his celebrated scholarship, edited and introduced by Arthurian scholar Evans Lansing Smith, PhD.
In Jane Eyre's Sisters: How Women Live and Write the Heroine's Story, cultural mythologist Jody Gentian Bower looks at novels by women--and some men--as well as biographies of women that tell the story of the Aletis, the wandering heroine.
Our Rating - Book of the Month: July 2015