- The Haunted Heart of America by Logan Corelli
- Publisher: Llewellyn
- Date Published: April 8, 2018
- Format: Paperback
- ISBN: 978-0738755915
Logan Correlli is someone who is on a mission to discover the mystery behind paranormal experiences. He holds a number of certifications in paranormal research including a PhD in parapsychology and a doctorate in metaphysics from the University of Metaphysical Sciences.
Correlli has appeared on Animal Planet’s The Haunted and the film Ghosts and Legends of Oklahoma. For over 17 years he has investigated many haunted locations all across America and regularly presents his findings at paranormal conferences and conventions.
In his book The Haunted Places of America, Correlli takes his readers on a personal journey into some of his most memorable and fascinating paranormal cases.
The places and locations that he documents include;
- Saint James Hotel, Cimarron, New Mexico
- Waverly Hills Sanatorium, Louisville, Kentucky
- The Villisca Ax Murder House, Villusca, Iowa
- The Myrtles Plantation, Saint Francisville, Louisiana
- The Crescent Hotel, Eureka Springs, Arkansas
- Jefferson, Texas
- Guthrie, Oklahoma
- The Abandoned Church, Rural Oklahoma
- The Kitchen Lake Bridge, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- The County Line Restaurant, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Arapaho Cemetery, Arapaho, Oklahoma
- Residential investigations, Shawnee, Oklahoma
Correlli closes his book with some comments regarding his investigations and findings whilst interacting with the paranormal as well as some advice and guidance regarding the etiquette or amateur invest paranormal investigators should adhere to.
The case studies that Correlli includes in his book are presented in the form of a log with notated details. As a result his book offers a particularly insightful guide to the world of paranormal investigations for the beginner and a rich repository of technical and practical guidance for the seasoned researcher.
Whilst Correlli makes no specific conclusions regarding his experiences he does add additional commentary and subsequent analysis of them which adds another colorful layer to the mystery that he is so engrossed in. This sense of place and time is added to by the inclusion of a number of personal photographs taken by the author at some of the locations and these adds to the sheer creepy atmosphere that he so eloquently paints.
The Haunted Heart of America reveals something of the nature of a timeless mystery which is growing in popularity thanks mainly to the dedicated research of intrepid explorers such as Logan Correlli. His work offers a highly enjoyable promenade through a dark and mysterious land.