- Essential Oils by Essence of Arcadia
- Author: Essence of Arcadia
- Publisher: Essence of Arcadia
- Format: Essential Oils Box Set
When buying essential oils for any purpose other than general home use – as a perfume or fragrance, it is important that you buy them from a reputable supplier – one which guarantees the oils are derived from good native plants (preferably organic) and are 100% pure with no additional additives.
Essence of Arcadia are a company with a commitment to ensure the highest standards in their products. All of their essential oils are 100% organic, certified therapeutic, pure and undiluted essential oil.
They do not add any sort of additives, fillers, bases or carriers in their product range and all of their oils are fully certificated to UK standards.
Of their extensive range of oils Essence of Arcadia have put together two “best of the best” luxury sets.
The 14-OILs Set – which includes their 13 most popular essential oils as well as their own Healing Blend oil, comes in a luxury box with accompanying booklet/manual which includes recipes and information on each individual oil.
The oils included in this set are as follows; Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lavender, Peppermint, Teatree, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Grapefruit, Healing Blend, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Ylang Ylang and Orange.
The Six-Oils Set is a smaller collection of the same 10cc bottles but comprised of their most popular six essential oils. This set does not include the informational booklet that appears in the Top 14 boxed set.
The oils included in this set are as follows; Lavender, Teatree, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Cinnamon and Peppermint.
We had the opportunity to put some of the claims of the company to the test. The following is a breakdown of our impressions of the full range of 14 oils that are available with the two sets.
1: Packaging and Presentation
The Top 14 set comes in a strong, presentation box with attractive design and sturdy construction. This is not a simple ‘buy-once and dispose of once they arrive’ but a versatile and fortified container to keep the oils in throughout their life-span.
The Top 6 Set is packaged in a similar box of equal construction. No lessening of quality here despite this being the less-expensive product than the Top 14!
An accompanying guide – which includes advice on the safe use of the oils, a brief breakdown of each oil’s qualities and benefits – as well as a number of recipes and money-off vouchers for additional products from the company, is included in the Top 14 Set.
Due to size restrictions, I guess, it has not been included in the Top 6 Set but additional information is available from the Guides section of the Essence of Arcadia website.
3: The Oils
All of Essence of Arcadia‘s products come in 10cc, non-transparent, glass bottles with tight screw-top caps and clear labelling.
Now for our assessment of the individual oils.
- General Benefits – Aids in the alleviation of chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Personal Impressions – Invokes smell of an old woodland or forest. Very earthy.
- General Benefits – Used to alleviate inflammation, also disinfectant and antiseptic
- Personal Impressions – Strong woody aroma – sense of calm
- General Benefits – Helps to alleviate nasal congestion, headaches and mental fatigue
- Personal Impressions – Classic minty aroma. Powerful sense of head clearing.
- General Benefits – Used in the treatment of nausea and high blood pressure
- Personal Impressions – Particularly pungent and effective in lifting the spirits
- General Benefits – Recommended for balancing the body and the mind
- Personal Impressions – Beautifully fragrant aroma
- General Benefits – Stimulates the circulation, treats aches and pains
- Personal Impressions – Cross between wood and mint. Pleasant but powerful.
- General Benefits – Treats a wide variety of skin complaints and strengthens immune system
- Personal Impressions – Powerfully sensual aroma
- General Benefits – Recommended for hair issues and dry skin complaints
- Personal Impressions – Multi-aromatic tones. Sense of freshness
- General Benefits – Air freshener
- Personal Impressions – Extremely pleasing and uplifting
- Healing Benefits – Anti-bacterial – good for colds and flu
- Personal Impressions – Less pleasantly aromatic but impressive
- Healing Benefits – Good for alleviating anxiety and depression
- Personal Impressions – Exquisite and rather subtle aroma
- Healing Benefits – General stimulant and anti-depressive
- Personal Impressions – Effective air-purifier and mood-lifter
- Healing Benefits – Increase alertness and restore energy
- Personal Impressions – Beautiful aroma. Appetite stimulator
- General Benefits – Special bled of Tea tree, Eucalyptus, Cinnamon and Ginger. Good for adding to a hot bath to raise sense of well-being
- Personal Impressions – A beautiful blend of subtle aromatic tones.
All of the 14 oils from Essence of Arcadia that we worked with produced a wide range of aromas from the delicate and subtle through to the powerful and evocative.
All were highly impressive but the ones that particularly stood out for me – and this is only a personal choice, were Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Orange and Lavender.
I also found the Healing Blend to be particularly pleasant from an aromatic point of view.
I did not use any of the oils in any sort of healing capacity so cannot comment on their effectiveness in this regard. For reason so accuracy I would rather leave this to a trained specialist to comment on!
Nevertheless I did find that by simply diffusing the oils the aroma brought about deep changes in the moods of those working in the office here; from lifting headaches and relieving stress through to raising general spirits and improving sleep patterns.
So, to sum up, I was extremely impressed by the quality (and price) of both the Top 6 and the Top 14 sets and would thoroughly recommend them both to potential purchasers.
If you are new to the world of essential oils and would like to try them out first then the Top 6 Set – as a ‘tester’ product, might be more applicable to your needs.
On the other hand if you are attracted by the wide and versatile range of essential oils available in the Top 14 Set then I feel that for their price these are probably one of the best aromatherapy products currently available on the market.
In conclusion it is perhaps also worth noting that Essence of Arcadia offer a full money back guarantee. So if you are not 100% happy with your purchase, simply return them and they will refund you no questions asked. Also, for their valued customers they have a VIP area on their website with additional information and bonuses.
With their attractive and varied range of aromatherapy products ‘Essence of Arcadia’ have expertly crafted some authentic, professional-grade, high-quality essential oils – all armed with some powerfully-potent qualities!
Credit: Review copy kindly supplied by Essence of Arcadia.